Palestine poem #1


ribbons wind over my limbs

at midnight a python wakes

binds bites and breaks me

sleep is an awakening into a nightmare

where shrapnel and brick rain in smokey blasts

where i see my son again

screaming in a broken coffin

tears break and drop from the cliff of my bruised cheek

soiling these pitiless roads in my despair

flames gently waver and kiss, as the sun slowly climbs

but even they, these restless stones of my quivering hope

look weak and tired before my eyes

i wonder will i ever see him again

and will i ever kiss those soft gentle lips

will i ever close shut my creaking front door

will my people ever flee off this blood-soaked moor

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miliband the sycophant, yet again

How Do You Sleep - Stone Roses (1994)

History repeats itself; first as tragedy, second as farce