Oasis - Rockin' Chair


I always thought Oasis sounded better live. When I first started listening to them, roughly 8 years ago, what took me was the sheer power of Liam's live voice on YouTube (see Maine Road, Knebworth, Chicago performances), raging and scaling upward upon that unmistakable roar of stomping, swamping guitars.

Rockin' Star, here performed in Bournemouth in 1995, is a perfect example of this. Liam absolutely tears into the song with every inch of his throat, lungs and gut, a bruised wail, and one which delivers the following opening lines with the sense of sadness and burning release that they deserve:

I'm older than I wish to be
This town holds no more for me
All my life
I've tried to find another way



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miliband the sycophant, yet again

How Do You Sleep - Stone Roses (1994)

History repeats itself; first as tragedy, second as farce